CAN MH Lanka, with the support of the Election Commission of Sri Lanka and in collaboration with the Technical Working Group for Disability Inclusive Elections (DIESL-TWG) and the Civic and Voter Education Working Group (CVEWG) facilitated by the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) Sri Lanka, working towards the inclusion of persons with psycho-social disabilities to the democratic process.
This time, ahead of the parliamentary elections 2020, we launched a campaign;
- to ensure an unbiased, voluntary and safe vote for the persons with psycho-social disabilities.
- to protect the persons with psycho-social disabilities from being misused in the election campaigns.
- prevent the candidates and political parties from using derogatory language in their election campaigns.
- prevent labouring the persons with psycho-social disabilities for election campaigns for free or a little payment.
- prevent the distribution of alcohol and other substances during the election campaigns.